A Kentucky girl moves north. This could be interesting.

4.16.2008

I haven't talked much about my assistantship much on here. It's a pretty good job, and I am actually more committed to it right now than I am to my classes (which granted isn't saying much since my level of interest in school is at about -114% right now). I'm a Project Assistant, which means I do a little bit of everything- making posters, contacting speakers, arranging dinners, logistics, paperwork, etc. I've realized I really like project management, which is pretty valuable knowledge at this point in my life, but also, this job lets me meet a lot of really cool people.

For instance, yesterday I chatted with the former Ambassador to Nigeria at the copy machine. And I'm pretty friendly with the former head of the U.N. Food and Agriculture Organization, who works a few doors down. Tomorrow I'll meet the former chief U.N. weapons inspector to Iraq, since we're hosting him as a speaker this week. The speaker we had last week is the newly-appointed UN Special Rapporteur on the right to food.

It's not like I'm going to go out and have a beer with any of these people, but for a policy nerd like me, it's pretty sweet. Now if only one of them could get me a job....

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Telefone VoIP, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://telefone-voip.blogspot.com. A hug.

1:51 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home