A Kentucky girl moves north. This could be interesting.

2.10.2008

From the National Weather Service:

"The winter season of 2007 to 2008 has been quite snowy across southern Wisconsin. In fact... Madison is close to setting its all time seasonal snowfall record for a winter season. Through February 9... Dane County regional Airport in Madison has recorded 75.5 inches of snowfall. This amount ranks as the third snowiest winter season on record in Madison. ... Madison will receive several inches of snowfall late Monday into Tuesday morning... breaking the all time snowfall record."

75.5 inches. What.

This is what it looked like outside on Wednesday because even though we got 14 inches of snow in less than 24 hours and the wind was terrible and you could barely see because snow was blowing directly into your eyes, I STILL HAD TO GO TO CLASS.


Stepping out my front door.


Do you see a sidewalk there? Yeah, me neither.


At least I didn't have to ride my bike.


Somewhere back there is a lake. It's kind hard to tell on account of THE WHITEOUT CONDITIONS.

I'm SUPER EXCITED that we'll have over TWENTY INCHES OF SNOW on the ground tomorrow. Knee-high snow when you're playing outside at your friend's vacation home (as I was this weekend)? Fun. Knee-high snow when you have to get to classes on the other side of campus? THE OPPOSITE OF FUN.

Current temp: -6/-23 windchill
WWTL: AS RED AS POSSIBLE.

1 Comments:

Blogger Adam said...

I've lived in a northern climate all my life and I'm STILL not liking this snow. It's insane and the snowiest winter I've seen in recent memory.

10:27 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home