A Kentucky girl moves north. This could be interesting.

1.16.2008

There's really no better welcome back to the Great White North than getting off your bus from the airport at 9:30pm only to realize that the bus to your apartment isn't running because classes aren't in session. Also, it's 20 degrees and snowing. On the plus side, a "warm" spell over the holidays melted most of the three feet of snow that was on the ground. You can see grass in some places! It's amazing!

Of course it's going to snow another 6 inches tonight and tomorrow. Luckily my boss lets me work from home when it snows, which means sitting in my pajamas watching Little House till noon while working on my laptop. Sweet. Things are going to change drastically when classes start. Which is probably a good thing, I've become quite a slug.

I bought four different kinds of cheese at the grocery store, which brings my cheese count to 6 (goat cheese, mozzarella, sharp cheddar, mild cheddar, asiago/parmesan and gruyere). I'm confident it will be up to 8 by next weekend when I get some fontina and bleu from the coffeeshop. In other news, why I've gained 10 lbs since moving here remains a mystery....

Here are some photos of the snow before I left for the holidays.

My neighborhood.


State Street.


Snow piles from half a block of plowing. They have dump trucks that come in and haul the snow away because it won't fit on the sidewalks.

Temperature's fine today (it actually hit the freezing point! Woo!) but the high for the weekend is 1. So I'm putting the WWTL at orange.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home