A Kentucky girl moves north. This could be interesting.

8.27.2006

I can't get used to the nighttime news being at 10:00 here. The Fox affiliate news is at 9! Central time is just... weird.

I'm trying out local honey as a method of alleviating my allergies. Allegedly, ingesting pollens will build up your immunity to them. Not sure if it will work, but it's worth a shot. The honey guy at the Farmer's Market said it would have more of an impact in the spring than the fall. He seemed trustworthy so I bought some. I mean, he was wearing a beehive hat. If you can't trust a guy wearing a beehive hat, who can you trust?

Oh, yeah. Number of Nazis: 60. Number of Counter-Protesters: 800. Yep, diversity-loving Madisonians outnumbered lame bigots by over 1300%. Looooooooosers. Even God hates them! At precisely 2pm, when their lame rally started, the skies opened up and torrential rains poured down. Beautiful. At the Farmer's Market, some of the farmers were selling "Protester Tomatoes: Big and Mushy." I heard a little girl ask her father, "How come Nazis can come here?" Her father replied, "Because in America, you have the right to say whatever you want, no matter how ignorant and stupid. But that doesn't mean we have to listen to them." Then he gave his daughter a dollar to buy a cookie from a Hmong baker.

I think I love this town.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home