A Kentucky girl moves north. This could be interesting.

8.19.2006

Feeling a bit blue after your parents leave and you're alone in a new city? It helps if your roommate has 500 cable channels and you get wireless internet. Yeah, I'm watching TV while tooling around online. Don't judge me, Star Trek is on. I'm powerless against the sexiness of Captain Picard.

The apartment has no A/C, but it's extremely pleasant with all the windows open. I can see the capitol dome from my room, and at night it's lit up and beautiful. The lake's a block and a half a way. I didn't see anywhere to hang my hammock, but I'll make it happen. It's a great neighborhood, the farmer's market is three blocks away. If I ever get a new camera/the old one fixed, I'll be posting photos. This place is going to be gorgeous in the Fall, particularly the Arboretum, where my parents and I went today. Although after the fall comes... The Winter. But it's way too early to think about that now. It's lovely out!

Ooh, now Under the Tuscan Sun is on! Great movie for starting in a new place. God bless you, Charter OnDemand Cable!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, I can't wait to come up and visit! I forgot to tell you at the drum corp show, the Madison Scout's (from Madison) show was all about a car driving around Madison and they had all of these references to things in the city. I remember multiple comments about the badger..man that city loves that animal

8:44 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home